What are the various passport services and which form has to be filled in?
The various passport services are
- Issue of Fresh Passport: You can apply for fresh passport if applying for the first time.
- Re-issue of Passport: You can apply for re-issue of passport if you are applying for another passport in lieu of an existing passport for any of the following reasons:
- Your passport has either expired or is about to expire. You can apply for re-issue of passport up to one year before expiry or within three years after the expiry of the existing passport without fresh police verification, provided there is clear police report with respect to your previous passport and there is no adverse entry in the system.
- Your last passport has expired more than three years ago
- You want to change the personal particulars or other details specified in the passport
- Pages in the existing passport booklet have exhausted
- Passport booklet is lost
- Passport booklet is damaged. The booklet may be damaged beyond recognition or damaged but recognizable (i.e. Passport number is readable, name is legible and photograph is intact
- Miscellaneous Service:
- Issue of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Background Verification for GEP: Miscellaneous Passport Service to conduct vetting of the Passport and Police/Criminality check for Indian Citizens willing to enrol for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry Program (GEP).
The Surname field is blank on my passport. And my full name is written in the Given Name field. Could anybody tell the process to add the surname to my passport?
If you find any mistake/error in the particulars printed in the passport booklet and the application form you submitted, please return the passport for necessary rectification. Any additional fees required to be paid would depend solely on Assistant Passport Officers (APOs)/ Passport Officers (POs) decision. If there is a misrepresentation of facts, then penalty could also be imposed. Applicants are requested to apply online which will ensure that the passports are delivered without any typographical errors since the applicants have themselves fed the data. If you have done a mistake while filling your passport application form i.e. you have filled your full name in the “Given Name” field, then you will need to apply for re-issue of passport for change in personal particulars.
Can Police Clearance Certificate be issued for more than one country through one application form?
Police Clearance Certificate can only be issued for one country through one application form.